Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Touchscreen firmware update?

67K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  Kalarge 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've just joined the forum as I have now purchased a Cactus 1.6 Flair BlueHDI (2015) and so far I'm very impressed.
I have been able to update the satnav mapping system up to the latest version (05/18) but I can't seem to find any firmware updates for the actual touchscreen unit. I am currently on SMEG 5.2.C.R1 (8/1/15). Does anyone know where there may be any updates I could download please.
I have seen a 5.6 update but that was for Singapore so I don't know if that would be compatible or not.
Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Keith :D

#4 ·
so how does this work?
do you just DL the file , unzip and put on a memory stick .then put the memory stick in to the usb slot

can you just install the latest file or do you have to add each one in sequence?

is this in English?

sorry for 101 questions, just warey of updates and bricking he system
thanks mark

#10 ·
I have a need to update my Sat Nav but being of the generation that has not got a clue about these techno thingys...what is a Fat 32 usb....can you buy these ready formatted or if it's a DIY how do you go about doing it...The download and update I can manage but it's the first hurdle that has me stumped...why they can't keep it simple is beyond me but that's modern life...thanks in advance

#11 ·
Hi Paully. Fat 32 usb : usb means usb memory stick, available on the web or in a local electrical goods store. A 4 to 8 GB (size, written on the packet) should be ok, Insert usb stick in computer, open windows explorer, right mouse click and then read what the format type is. Usually it will already be fat32. Then copy your files. If this seems too complicated. I would suggest you find a family member who is computer savvy to help.

#12 ·
littlejim said:
Hi Paully. Fat 32 usb : usb means usb memory stick, available on the web or in a local electrical goods store. A 4 to 8 GB (size, written on the packet) should be ok, Insert usb stick in computer, open windows explorer, right mouse click and then read what the format type is. Usually it will already be fat32. Then copy your files. If this seems too complicated. I would suggest you find a family member who is computer savvy to help.
In the UK, stores like a large Tesco/ Asda etc also sell USB memory sticks - also referred to as flash drives...

#14 ·
Hi did u unrar the file first?
If so did you put all the contents directly on a memory stick, or in a file on the memory stick?
I'm not having any luck at the mo
Put a file on the stick put the unrarred files on ,put the memory stick in then switched on t he ignition- nothing????

#19 ·
#21 ·
Hi,

My car is due for a service in June. when I was booking it in to Citroen Callow Marsh Hereford I mentioned that I'd like the Firmware updated because my screen is really slow booting up and they said that it was not part of the service so there would be an additional charge for this! I was astounded. We are talking about the software that basically runs they car i.e. it is integral to the car. How can that not need regular updates. Imagine if Microsoft charged for keeping its software up to date!

I'm currently having the debate with Customer Services but I'm not getting anywhere. They say it is "optional" and something that a customer "could" do themselves (but they don't recommend that) so it is not part of the service.

How can Citroen pack a car with technology and then not accept that they have a responsibility to keep it maintained?!

So is this common with the Citroen dealership to charge for this?

#22 ·
Welshwonder08 said:
Hi,

My car is due for a service in June. when I was booking it in to Citroen Callow Marsh Hereford I mentioned that I'd like the Firmware updated because my screen is really slow booting up and they said that it was not part of the service so there would be an additional charge for this! I was astounded. We are talking about the software that basically runs they car i.e. it is integral to the car. How can that not need regular updates. Imagine if Microsoft charged for keeping its software up to date!

I'm currently having the debate with Customer Services but I'm not getting anywhere. They say it is "optional" and something that a customer "could" do themselves (but they don't recommend that) so it is not part of the service.

How can Citroen pack a car with technology and then not accept that they have a responsibility to keep it maintained?!

So is this common with the Citroen dealership to charge for this?
If you use the search box on this site for "firmware update" you will find numerous postings about this issue, plus various explanations of how it can be done...

#25 ·
Update: Customer Services have told me that this firmware update will be funded by Citroen this time, which is good. This doesn't address the main issue though, which is that Citroen seems to believe that software is not part of the car "proper".

I hope that they will change this policy soon as it does seem very archaic to me.