Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

another recall yet again

12K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
had a call from my local dealer and have had to take the car in again for another recall, not that i am really complaining as such as i would rather it be safe

the fault code is GEX GFX
get the feeling this is two separate codes but cant really find any info as to what the recall is for exactly, the garage said the catalytic convertor but would be nice to see this somewhere explained

#4 ·
jimbowa said:
Just had mine updated for 3 recalls, supposedly the adblue cap is faulty, and it can cause the adblue to corrode the catalytic converter, also needed a new cruise control module...
thanks for that, I didn't get any paperwork After the work was completed for my recall to say what was done but that sounds about right as to what was explained

#10 ·
blackcountrycactus said:
Lets hope this is the last recall then,its had its fair share,many major items failed !!
What! I've had one (for the bonnet catch), and that hadn't failed - it was a precaution... On my last car (Rover 75 2.5 Conn, also bought new) I had 3 recalls in the first two years and experienced no failures in 16 years.

A recall may be inconvenient (although you generally return the car for the work at YOUR convenience, not the dealers'), but it's for the owners' benefit - and I don'y know any car brands/models that haven't had at least one.

G
#12 ·
srperry said:
blackcountrycactus said:
Lets hope this is the last recall then,its had its fair share,many major items failed !!
What! I've had one (for the bonnet catch), and that hadn't failed - it was a precaution... On my last car (Rover 75 2.5 Conn, also bought new) I had 3 recalls in the first two years and experienced no failures in 16 years.

A recall may be inconvenient (although you generally return the car for the work at YOUR convenience, not the dealers'), but it's for the owners' benefit - and I don'y know any car brands/models that haven't had at least one.
we,ve had 4 new doors,new clutch fork assembley,door seals,bonnet catch

#13 ·
blackcountrycactus said:
srperry said:
blackcountrycactus said:

So that's just one recall, then, and some warranty work? Isn't it good to know that you have the warranty and that it is honoured?

G
#14 ·
srperry said:
blackcountrycactus said:
srperry said:

So that's just one recall, then, and some warranty work? Isn't it good to know that you have the warranty and that it is honoured?
your making yourself sound more like the car dealers service desk,people vote with there feet when buying cars :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.