Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Decisions

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ruairip 
#1 ·
Hi, Three year agreement ends at the start of April so I find myself utterly undecided as to what to do!

We popped into our local Citroen dealership today to finalise the finance on my wife's C1 which is only used as a local runabout so can age with us happily.

Have booked a test drive for the new Cactus for next Saturday so I can try it out over our many and varied sleeping policemen, speed cushions, humped crossings (who really needs to know that they got lucky!) and potholes.

Prefer the appearance of the original but screen share, split rear seats and six speed are an attraction.

Who has made the jump and are you happy?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi Ruari

I would be interested to hear how the test drive goes, however, the suspension will in all likelihood be ok if there is someone in the passenger seat. If you can, try it alone over a stretch of bumps, or get the dealer to try it alone.

Also, the screen technology is very basic, confusing and not user friendly, a real pain to switch between different functions, and not reliable.

Also, I have found the MPG is very poor. I drive very conservatively with a Flair 110 6 speed and am getting around 36-38 mpg with a 60/40 town/motorway ratio.

Overall disappointing, and it's probably just me, but the driver's seat is tipping me constantly to the left, very uncomfortable. Seems like it is very slightly off level.

Please let me know how it goes, thanks.

#3 ·
Test drive went well and 110 petrol with all of the trimmings is in UK stock so we'll chamge over before the end of the month.

This means that I will have my spacesaver and roof bars looking for a new home!

#5 ·
The Citroen ones, used once, I'm in West London, cost would be a fraction of the original, can do a pic if interested.

Know what you mean, will really miss the distinctive airbumps which is what attracted me to the Cactus in the first place.

Won over by split rear seat, noticeably more comfortable seats with adjustable lumbar support, powerfold mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror. All of which I had in my previous C5. Like the idea of lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring.

Current car was our choice of spec and colour and when the salesman did the search for it realised that the car beside his desk in the showroom was a match. Today's choice of spec and colour is available in the UK so we should have it in a week or so. Had gone in well early to leave plenty of time!

#7 ·
Yes, did a look around some local roads here there are lots of speed bumps and all was well.

Will have to wait and see how ours is when it is delivered!

#8 ·
Car collected on Friday and I must say so far very pleased.

Android Auto working with my Note 9.

Was out for dinner on Friday, meeting friends for lunch on Saturday and again today so other than the drive home no chance to really try it yet.

There is noise over speedbumps but only if taken at silly speeds so not an issue.

From the start noticeably more comfortable and the change from 82 to 110 with the conventional auto box makes pulling away at junctions much easier.

We'll miss the roof bars, only used them once but they did make the car easy to find in car parks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.