Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Satellites Not Visible

12K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mangomilly 
#1 ·
My 2017 Citroen Cactus Sat Nav used to work fine and worked after I ran the 2018 update. Recently it has stopped working and shows Satellites Visible as 0 and the location arrow is sitting apparently mid ocean somewhere. I have recently tried running the 2019 update to see if it would make it work again but still have the same problem and not sure if the update ran properly or not. Any suggestions about how to make sure it picks up satellites?

Thank you.

IsobelT

#5 ·
Now fixed. It turned out to be a problem with the base of the aerial on the roof and I had to have it replaced. The aerial seems to serve the radio, the compass and GPS. The radio and compass were fine though.

We sometimes tow a boat and when we do I have to unscrew the aerial to clear the mast. The replacement aerial base came with a little plastic cap to put in when tbe removable part has been taken off. My garage thought there may have been a problem with water ingress and advised me to use the plastic cap. He also reattached the base to the car with some petroleum jelly acting as a water barrier.

Cheers.

Isobel

[Qquote=Jindod post_id=28905 time=1575360272 user_id=3108]
Or can anyone else help.
I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins a couple of times. And yesterday I updated to the latest software. But it doesn't see any satellites. :( nothing happened. Just one day last week I noticed it wasn't working.
[/quote]

#6 ·
Ah ok cool!
well it's booked in on monday and they said they thought it was probably the aerial so fingers crossed.

IsobelT said:
Now fixed. It turned out to be a problem with the base of the aerial on the roof and I had to have it replaced. The aerial seems to serve the radio, the compass and GPS. The radio and compass were fine though.

We sometimes tow a boat and when we do I have to unscrew the aerial to clear the mast. The replacement aerial base came with a little plastic cap to put in when tbe removable part has been taken off. My garage thought there may have been a problem with water ingress and advised me to use the plastic cap. He also reattached the base to the car with some petroleum jelly acting as a water barrier.

Cheers.

Isobel

[Qquote=Jindod post_id=28905 time=1575360272 user_id=3108]
Or can anyone else help.
I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins a couple of times. And yesterday I updated to the latest software. But it doesn't see any satellites. :( nothing happened. Just one day last week I noticed it wasn't working.
[/quote]

#7 ·
I forgot to update. it turns out Isobell was right, it was the aerial base.
which i managed to find online for £25 and get replaced by my local garage.
Just to say citroen didn't have a clue. they wanted to flash the software and wouldn't believe that i had updated the firmware myself.
this would have been an expensive repair as the garage said citroen wanted over 100 for the part and 100 an hour to fit it.

#8 ·
Jindod said:
I forgot to update. it turns out Isobell was right, it was the aerial base.
which i managed to find online for £25 and get replaced by my local garage.
Just to say citroen didn't have a clue. they wanted to flash the software and wouldn't believe that i had updated the firmware myself.
this would have been an expensive repair as the garage said citroen wanted over 100 for the part and 100 an hour to fit it.
It'll be your garage that want £100 per hour labour charges, not Citroen. I'd also check the price of the part at other Citroen garages, because that seems like an awful lot for a relatively cheap-to-produce part. Give AE Wilcox in Wickwar a call for a price; I've never felt overcharged by them in almost 30 years across MG-Rover and Citroen dealerships...

#10 ·
Hey Jindod

I find myself to be in the same predicament where my Sat Nav is not finding any satellites.
You said you managed to find a replacement aerial base for £25 - can you let me know where you got this as I have a service next month and was going to get my garage to replace it for me.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.