Turn off Radio

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
JesperV

Turn off Radio

Post by JesperV » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi.
It seems to be impossible to turn off the radio. I can set it to Mute or turn the volume down to zero, but every time I start the engine the radio turns to volume 2.
When I connect my iPhone via bluetooth and use it as navigation (Navigon) it automatic use the car speakersystem for the voice directions, witch is pretty nice, but it turns the radio to volume 2 after every voice direction.
It's good damn annoying.

Luga

Re: Turn off Radio

Post by Luga » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Yep. I got my Cactus last week and phoned the dealer to see if I was missing something. Even if I switch the radio on, and then off again with the ignition off, it still comes on again when I next start the car. It does feel odd driving around with it on mute. That said it's the only thing I can find fault with so far......

Dadioglasgow

Post by Dadioglasgow » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:31 pm

If you press the dial under the touchscreen, the radio mutes. In my case, it does not come on again until I turn the knob again, even after a restart.

I don't find it a problem - either switch to map or trip display, or at least on DAB, you can see if anything worth listening to comes on...
Cactus Flair e-HDi92 ETG6 - Lagoon Blue

Topi

Post by Topi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:13 pm

I have the same problem as JasperV and Luga have: the radio turns on with low volume in every start.

Citroen Finland informed me that next summer there will be available a new software. This software can be downloaded in the service and it should eliminate this volume 2 problem.
Cactus e-HDi92 ETG6 Shine. Pearl White, Chocolate Airbumps, Habana leather interior, panoramic roof, 16" alloy wheels and automatic park assist. Finland.

tocinete

Post by tocinete » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:16 pm

When you take off the key and turn on the radio the system enters in a safe-energy saving mode. It runs for half a hour and after that it automatically turns off.

Then, when you turn on the car, the whole display keeps turned off till you push the button.

Thats my experience...

Baton

Post by Baton » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 am

Hi, any solution? Very annoying when after a call the radio turns on and in other scenarios. It is very annoying that the media center cannot remember my choice. I also agree to turn off the radio forever or damage the radio :( just do not turn it on without my permission.

davew

Post by davew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:02 am

Baton wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 am
Hi, any solution? Very annoying when after a call the radio turns on and in other scenarios. It is very annoying that the media center cannot remember my choice. I also agree to turn off the radio forever or damage the radio :( just do not turn it on without my permission.
Presumably you have a pre-2018 vehicle using the SMEG plus unit.
Allegedly, that particular issue was corrected some time ago in Firmware update 5.4.B.R8, although I have read that the issue then re-appeared after a later software update.
What version of firmware is in your vehicle? - Hold down the Gearwheel symbol on the screen for 3 secs to show the version.

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 am

davew wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:02 am
Baton wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 am
Allegedly, that particular issue was corrected some time ago in Firmware update 5.4.B.R8, although I have read that the issue then re-appeared after a later software update.
What version of firmware is in your vehicle? - Hold down the Gearwheel symbol on the screen for 3 secs to show the version.
I had this problem on my 2015. As davew said mine was fixed on a software update in 2016. I do believe some people stated that the problem reappeared on later updates. I have not had mine updated since.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

Baton

Post by Baton » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 am

Yes, cactus c4, 2016 year
Allegedly, that particular issue was corrected some time ago in Firmware update 5.4.B.R8
Was 5.2.C.R1 that I updated now to 5.4.B.R8 and I see no difference.
As davew said mine was fixed on a software update in 2016
Do you know the exact version?
Thank you all for your help :)

Baton

Post by Baton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:17 am

Ok, after update to 5.43.A.R2 all looks more better, at least radio does not turns on after each phone call end.
It's still does not remember my choice after start/stop engine for bluetooth device it's resets to radio, buts it's annoying less.
And i still do not understand what the problem to make configurable the "primary source" or simple remember my choice :|

Return to “Faults & Technical”