High Pitched Whistling Sound at High Speeds

All C4 Cactus related discussions
srperry

Re: High Pitched Whistling Sound at High Speeds

Post by srperry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:05 am

I bought mine brand new and have never had any issues with it. 19,250 trouble-free miles so far, and we are more than happy with it - and especially the 50mpg average over that time.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Not been here for a while but it looks like this hasn't been posted. This The Fix! Not tested yet (and it's very intermittent for me) and completely unobtrusive on the car...so no photos of that. Last photo show the parts fitted. All under warranty under a Technical Service Bulletin so quote the number (on first image) to your dealer. And done with bonnet catch recall so pain free. K

IMG_20180208_171206.jpg

K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.
Like crime fiction? Comfy Monkey - Robbery and abduction, or an inside job?

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Not sure all images loaded...part 2

IMG_20180208_171232.jpg

K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Last one!

IMG_20180208_171305.jpg

K

Nobbydog

Post by Nobbydog » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi
This started happening to my CACTUS just under 20,000 miles on the Motorway when buffeted by sidewinds etc. It got really loud and annoying but took it into the dealer and quoted the above and they realised the problem, booked it in and did the fix. Just driven in horrible weather, wind, rain and snow up and down the motorway and no sound. So very pleased with the fix and no annoying trumpeting sounds!
Citroen Cactus 1.2 110 Petrol Flair Edition S - All Black- Red Flashes - Panaromic Roof - 17in Silver Alloys

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Last weekend, as I proceeded along the M40, the whistling was back...so that is despite the above "fix" being performed by the dealer. I noted the comment on the door being adjusted and will talk to the dealer as the car is booked in for its 3rd year service. I think the "fix" helped as it has been a while since I heard the noise, but clearly this is not a fix.
K

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”