Door rim corrosion

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Mothy

Re: Door rim corrosion

Post by Mothy » Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Well the dealer rang me today and had arranged for my car to be dealt with by the body shop.

I am not particularly happy as I am not assured that the doors will be replaced but that the corrosion attended to. If necessary the doors will be replaced. Either way the corrosion warranty will apply to the repair.

Also they would need to charge for insurance for the loan car, so I refused that. (I have three Austin Sevens in the garage that I can use).

They also don’t have the manpower to collect the car, although they can run me back home.

So mixed feelings.

Just to add to the frustrations, a hard object hit the windscreen and took a chip out, so that’s something else to be repaired next week. Grrrrr.

Roly
1.6 BlueHDi Flair red

CakeEater

Post by CakeEater » Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm

I think they only need to charge if you want a waiver for the insurance, which is £15 and then you would only have to pay a £50 rather than £500 excess; something like that anyway.

You can put it on your own insurance, i think.

Obviously, i'm talking Citroen approved main dealer/franchise.

Mothy

Post by Mothy » Tue May 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Car went into the body shop yesterday. Got a call just now informing me that three doors have to be replaced.
Screen chip is now repaired, just a faint mark where the crater was.
As I have great turned down the dealership loan car, my pre war Austin Sevens are now pressed into service.
1.6 BlueHDi Flair red

minimike

Post by minimike » Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Just picked mine up from the body shop. 4 new doors fitted and painted. They have done a good job. They had the car almost 10 days so it would have cost me £200 for the courtesy car had Citroen not paid. Overall I'm happy with how things have turned out. I plan to keep the car another couple of years so hopefully the doors will be ok now.

Mothy

Post by Mothy » Thu May 23, 2019 4:48 pm

It looks as though I won't get my car back for a couple of weeks as Citroen haven’t got any stock of one of the three doors in the UK.
1.6 BlueHDi Flair red

Mothy

Post by Mothy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Car is returned and looks satisfactory. Doors are replaced.
1.6 BlueHDi Flair red