So what tyres are we all using?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis
davemk39

Re: So what tyres are we all using?

Post by davemk39 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm

when the time comes for new tyres i'll be getting either michelin cross climate+ or goodyear 4 seasons. both tyres get good reviews for all weathers.
yellow 1.2 puretech 82 feel

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Goodyear 4 season.. Looks like around 25000 miles will be the mileage out of the. I can live with that!
As one who squeaks I have always put premium tyres on and some brands I just avoid, Pirelli and Continental spring to mind
Black Flair 110 s&s

minimike

Post by minimike » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Still on OEM Goodyears (17") at 38k. (32k per year) Fronts are on 3mm rears 4mm........thats motorway driving for you! :lol:

Vacuman

Post by Vacuman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 pm

I know this is an old thread but just to add that we've reached the point where the original factory Goodyears now have to be changed. I think we've done well to get 48,000 miles from them. Regularly rotated etc. Fronts are just approaching the wear markers so have bee looking hear to see what others have tried.

My conclusion is to stick the the EfficientGrips - not given any problems and clearly no significantly cheaper solutions worth considering.

CractusPotts

Post by CractusPotts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:39 am

Muddles wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:31 pm
Now the BlueHD is going this week I priced up for the petrol Cactus with 16" wheels, the tyres are still very good as it's low mileage, so I was only looking for my own interest really. From ASDA tyres the same brand as for the Flair 17" are £30 a tyre cheaper. Yet they're only an inch smaller. Weird. The tyre wall is slightly higher than the 17"s so you'd think they'd only be slightly different wouldnt you.
I have been driving since 1985 and find the price of tyres is more about how common the tyres size is in use, not the actual size its self, the more the tyre fitters buy, the cheaper the tyre....
Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi Flair Hatchback 5dr Diesel EGT6 (s/s) (89 g/km, 99 bhp) Black over Silver

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

I don't do a lot of miles so didn't see the need for expensive tyres,so done a search on tyre shopper,and found good reviews on autogreen tyres.Fitted at National tyres for £90 the pair and have found them to be decent.
Quiet and smooth running,National tyres quoted £64 a tyre but cheaper going through tyre shopper who are linked with National tyres.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Autogreen Super Sport Chaser SSC5 was the tyre in ?.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Coypars wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm
I don't do a lot of miles so didn't see the need for expensive tyres,so done a search on tyre shopper,and found good reviews on autogreen tyres.Fitted at National tyres for £90 the pair and have found them to be decent.
Quiet and smooth running,National tyres quoted £64 a tyre but cheaper going through tyre shopper who are linked with National tyres.
It isn't the number of miles that is important, it is what grip you have at the instant you need it!

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:52 am

Lol no shit sherlock,it doesent mean cost of tyre gives you any better grip.

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 pm

routemaster1 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:15 pm
Coypars wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm
It isn't the number of miles that is important, it is what grip you have at the instant you need it!
My cheap Chinese tyres are absolutely fine in the wet, on cornering, comfort and quietness. Initially what tended to let the grip down was Citroen’s inaccurate tracking settings on the Goodyears. Now that has been adjusted by a backstreet garage who fitted the Chinese tyres, the grip is superb with NO skidding on acceleration or braking.

The dealerships highly sophisticated tracking equipment which needs constant calibration is just an expensive gadget where more hands on devices still do a satisfactory job.