Engine stutter at higher Revs

All C4 Cactus related discussions
sjhaycroft

Re: Engine stutter at higher Revs

Post by sjhaycroft » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Monty. How many times were you back and forth from the dealer? I've got mine booked in for 17th July for this issue and my slave cylinder has started with an awful squeaking sound when the engine gets warm. Been told it's £48 for diagnostics which i'm not happy about A because the car is under warranty and B no engine management lights come on after the misfire has occurred.

blackcountrycactus

Post by blackcountrycactus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Is that £48 refunded if they find a fault ?? shouldn't pay anything while under warrenty
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm

I hope so. I also hope they meant the diagnostics for the misfire because they won't need a machine to know that that slave cylinder is squeaking like a mouse.

joejoejoe

Post by joejoejoe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey, just for info for anyone seeing this kind of thing,

ours (C4, 1.2 puretech 130, 2.5 years old) did this, but after a couple of times it did set the engine management light off.

Took it in to Citroen under warranty (which they did everything to wiggle out of, but finally accepted!), at which point they ran diagnostics to check the fault codes, and found code P1032 whatever that means.

Anyway, they freaked out because there is a Citroen technical service bulletin about this and various other fault codes, it is number VF73AHNYMGJ641042 - has a set of things they check which starts off with replace the oil and filter, then goes down to clean the engine and replace various turbo & engine parts and finally on the list ends at 'replace engine'.

Ours has gone through new oil and filter (light came on again), and is currently in the garage going through the rest of the process.

It says the problem is 'self-ignition before spark (rumble)' on the service bulletin, which my trusted (non-citroen!) mechanic thinks means the same thing as 'low speed pre-ignition' which is a known bad thing on small petrol turbo engines https://www.oronite.com/about/news/low- ... ition.aspx

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Yep. I think it was something like 6 or 7 steps. This was in September 2018 and my warranty was due to expire in the December. I knew the whole thing would be dragged out till my warranty expired. Oh and from what I remember the oil and filter change would have been at a cost to me as they're serviceable items even though I'd only done about 3000 miles since my last full service which I had proof of. Anyways I sold it and got a Toyota C-HR Hybrid.