MyCitroen App

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Aston

Re: MyCitroen App

Post by Aston » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:39 pm

I went from android to iPhone X.

The app has connected to my car, but it still says ‘connect your smartphone’ even though it’s connected and I have no trips anymore.

chrisecurtis

Post by chrisecurtis » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:04 pm

I picked up my new Cactus on Friday. Had installed the app and added the VIN before pick up and paired my phone (iPhone) at the dealer. I drove home with a stop for fuel. When I got home, I had a notification saying there were two new journeys in the app. Useful, I thought. I also used the app to get a link to update the map (brand new vehicle :cry: )

Since then, it hasn't worked. Tried all sorts but no journeys are added unless I delete the bluetooth connection and re-pair the phone after starting the engine and before making a journey. It then works for that journey, but I have to do it again next time. I went to Citroen support and got this reply:
Just to let you know that this is an issue that our team are aware of and are currently looking into a fix. I’d recommend that you check the App Store every other day to see whether new version is available.

You can try the following solutions as alternatives.

In order for you to be able to establish a perfect connection, delete the connections and pairing between the phone and the vehicle then try again to connect.

Please delete all paired devices on your phone and vehicle.Then search for the device on your navigation system and synchronize it with your smartphone.
Check if the vehicle's Bluetooth connection is activated.

Make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.

Verify that the application has been initialised the first time: If your smartphone is on iOS or Android, you will need to open the application each time you use the vehicle to activate the Bluetooth connection.

Do not connect it to the USB cable when using Bluetooth as it may interfere with the connection.

Delete the vehicle from the app then add your VIN number again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application. This can cause you to lose your data, I'd advise you create a backup of it before you delete the vehicle and application.* Export&Import procedure below.
*Please click on my profile in user menu on your MyCitroën account.
Settings.
Driving Data
EXPORT- IMPORT journeys. Simply click export and you can find a file containing all your journeys. Enter your e-mail address.
On the homepage of the MyCitroën app, a connection strip indicating "Connected vehicle" confirms the vehicle/application connection.

If this banner does not appear, the connection to the Smartapps Bluetooth protocol is not established, the trips will not show up, it will be necessary to make a new connection attempt.
My reply was basically "your app is badly broken, you shouldn't promote it until it works." I'll keep it on my phone in the hope it gets updated soon and works, but I'm not deleting other (reliable) pairings, and I want to use CarPlay (usb only), so I'll just have to ignore the app for now.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Mine sometimes appears to stop working for a few days, then suddenly all the missing journeys appear.
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

srperry

Post by srperry » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:50 pm

chrisecurtis wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:04 pm
I picked up my new Cactus on Friday. Had installed the app and added the VIN before pick up and paired my phone (iPhone) at the dealer. I drove home with a stop for fuel. When I got home, I had a notification saying there were two new journeys in the app. Useful, I thought. I also used the app to get a link to update the map (brand new vehicle :cry: )

Since then, it hasn't worked. Tried all sorts but no journeys are added unless I delete the bluetooth connection and re-pair the phone after starting the engine and before making a journey. It then works for that journey, but I have to do it again next time. I went to Citroen support and got this reply:
Just to let you know that this is an issue that our team are aware of and are currently looking into a fix. I’d recommend that you check the App Store every other day to see whether new version is available.

You can try the following solutions as alternatives.

In order for you to be able to establish a perfect connection, delete the connections and pairing between the phone and the vehicle then try again to connect.

Please delete all paired devices on your phone and vehicle.Then search for the device on your navigation system and synchronize it with your smartphone.
Check if the vehicle's Bluetooth connection is activated.

Make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.

Verify that the application has been initialised the first time: If your smartphone is on iOS or Android, you will need to open the application each time you use the vehicle to activate the Bluetooth connection.

Do not connect it to the USB cable when using Bluetooth as it may interfere with the connection.

Delete the vehicle from the app then add your VIN number again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application. This can cause you to lose your data, I'd advise you create a backup of it before you delete the vehicle and application.* Export&Import procedure below.
*Please click on my profile in user menu on your MyCitroën account.
Settings.
Driving Data
EXPORT- IMPORT journeys. Simply click export and you can find a file containing all your journeys. Enter your e-mail address.
On the homepage of the MyCitroën app, a connection strip indicating "Connected vehicle" confirms the vehicle/application connection.

If this banner does not appear, the connection to the Smartapps Bluetooth protocol is not established, the trips will not show up, it will be necessary to make a new connection attempt.
My reply was basically "your app is badly broken, you shouldn't promote it until it works." I'll keep it on my phone in the hope it gets updated soon and works, but I'm not deleting other (reliable) pairings, and I want to use CarPlay (usb only), so I'll just have to ignore the app for now.
After the last two updates of MyCitroen app mine only works or a day and then stops working until I restart my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It's a problem with the app, not your phone, and it's not limited to the iPhone app, clearly. Hope that helps?
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Can someone tell me where to input the cost of petrol, it keeps working the cost of my journeys at £115 per litre, driving me mad trying to work out where I input this figure!
2018 C4 Cactus Hatch Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 Emerald Blue with silver colour pack.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Stevew684 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:52 pm
Can someone tell me where to input the cost of petrol, it keeps working the cost of my journeys at £115 per litre, driving me mad trying to work out where I input this figure!
Click on the “Vehicle” tab on bottom right

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Just found out why I have been pulling my hair out - what little I have.... I switched to a new android phone from an IPhone 5c - the App didn't work at all on this iPhone but there was a tab in the vehicle section for price of fuel...... On the android phone it works, but the tab for price of fuel has disappeared, so I can't change the fuel cost, great.... :roll:
2018 C4 Cactus Hatch Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 Emerald Blue with silver colour pack.

ruairip

Post by ruairip » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Strange, I'm using Android on a Note 8 and I have the option:

Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 am

If you enter the fuel costs, doesn’t it apply to all of the journeys that you have made, even historic ones, therefore making them incorrect when the price of fuel changes?

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Here's a copy of my app......

Screenshot_20181221-204355.png