MyCitroen App

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
ruairip

Re: MyCitroen App

Post by ruairip » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm

That is strange, I never went looking for fuel cost but whenever I fill up the app asks me for the price.

Only went looking at the settings to be helpful :)
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:18 pm

That's interesting, I've got to fill up tomorrow, I'll see if it asks me.....! :?
2018 C4 Cactus Hatch Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 Emerald Blue with silver colour pack.

VinceMarsters

Post by VinceMarsters » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:35 pm

A bit of a warning - it looks like Citroen are out to break the app again with another update. This time it closes as soon as it loads. The only fix I got this time was to clear the data (or remove and reinstall). Unfortunately this also managed to delete all my trips.
The new update does have an export trips function that I dont remember on the previous one (probably was and I was just not observant) - just wish they offered an auto export to Google Drive or similar so everything is backed up for the next time Citroen decide to break it.
They have also removed the Citroen World button on the homepage. About time too as I never once had anything listed there.

felgy

Post by felgy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 pm

VinceMarsters wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:35 pm
A bit of a warning - it looks like Citroen are out to break the app again with another update. This time it closes as soon as it load(...)

+1 on this... Exact same issue here.

Import/Export was already present in previous versions, but I did notice a new export that allows us to view data in Excel (you still have to manually change file extension to .CSV, the app doesn't add it to the file when you export it...)

I did manage to backup my trips before uninstal/install the app, but as soon as I import my trips, the app crashes over and over again. The only way it stays stable is without trips :roll:

In any case, when you export yours trips you lose fuel price and category of ALL your trips... So..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Proud owner of a Citroën C4 Cactus (2018)

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 am

All working fine for me. Even exporting to Excel. Didn’t have to change file extension. No crashing. All my trips are still there. No problems at all. Except sometimes starting a trip from the North Atlantic Ocean, which has been happening for a while now, even before the update.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

srperry

Post by srperry » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm

I spent nearly 30 years in the games industry developing products, and if anyone in my teams had produced such shoddy work on multiple occasions they would have been sacked. There is no excuse for releasing untested code onto the public, no excuse for not asking if you want to back up your data before 'upgrading', and no excuse for not allowing the user data to be fully and properly backed up in the first place.

There are just no excuses and the idiots responsible should be ashamed of themselves.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

ruairip

Post by ruairip » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Just as a matter of interest are you using the iOS or Android App?

I am using a Note 9 and it is still working fine though I am exporting my trips in case.

Have upgraded to the new model and the Android Auto works well though so far I have only tried it for navigation with Google Maps and Waze.
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)

srperry

Post by srperry » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm using the Android app. They uploaded a new one again last night and it now works but crashes a lot.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm

I've had 3 different phones since loading the app and had three different experiences, iPhone 5, didn't work at all, Alcatel android - worked in parts if you tried hard to get it to work, now I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and it works well. I haven't noticed a problem with any new updates with the Samsung.
2018 C4 Cactus Hatch Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 Emerald Blue with silver colour pack.

srperry

Post by srperry » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Stevew684 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm
I've had 3 different phones since loading the app and had three different experiences, iPhone 5, didn't work at all, Alcatel android - worked in parts if you tried hard to get it to work, now I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and it works well. I haven't noticed a problem with any new updates with the Samsung.
Mine is an S7 as well. I don't get problems after Samsung updates, it's always after a MyCitroen update... Never been an issue until about 5 updates ago...