Catus handsfree microphone

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
jenny01

Catus handsfree microphone

Post by jenny01 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I've just brought a 2015 cactus which I love but I'm having a problem with hands free. Normally i'm pretty tech savy but I have to admit I'm stuck!

I have a samsung phone which links to the car via bluetooth with no problems, however when i make or receive a phone call using the handsfree, I can hear fine, but the person on the other end of the line cannot here me. On the car screen there is a line through the microphone indicating it is off. When I press this it states that it is in secret mode and the microphone is disconnected.

I cannot find anything about secret mode in any of the menus, the manual or help forums. Can anyone help?

davew

Re: Catus handsfree microphone

Post by davew » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Reading from the paper handbook, it seems likely that the Telephone is set to "Cut the microphone temporarily so that the contact cannot hear your conversation with a passenger."

This is in the 2nd level submenu of the Telephone settings on the screen, as one of the "Telephone Options" - other options include importing contacts from the phone and choice of ringtones. Having set the required options there is a "confirm" button which saves these settings.

davew

Post by davew » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:19 pm

davew wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm
Reading from the paper handbook, it seems likely that the Telephone is set to "Cut the microphone temporarily so that the contact cannot hear your conversation with a passenger."

This is in the 2nd level submenu of the Telephone settings on the screen, as one of the "Telephone Options" - other options include importing contacts from the phone and choice of ringtones. Having set the required options there is a "confirm" button which saves these settings.
And the outcome is??

jenny01

Post by jenny01 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, for some reason I didn't see the notification of your message.

Thanks for your suggestion. Ive had a look at the menu suggested, it's currently set to "manual", changing to "automatic" doesn't seem to make any difference :( it's still report the microphone as bring disconnected and being in secret mode.

I'm wandering if it could be Hardwear related?

davew

Post by davew » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

I think its possible that you were looking in a different part of the telephone settings menu - I'll check later...

davew

Post by davew » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:55 pm

jenny01 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, for some reason I didn't see the notification of your message.

Thanks for your suggestion. Ive had a look at the menu suggested, it's currently set to "manual", changing to "automatic" doesn't seem to make any difference :( it's still report the microphone as bring disconnected and being in secret mode.

I'm wandering if it could be Hardwear related?
I have looked at our screen here and agree that the correct setting should be "manual" for normal use.
However, I see that the User Handbook explains that the steering wheel right hand button at the top - the SRC button - has the ability (while actually receiving a call) to access a user selection of : Ending the call / Secret Mode / Hands free mode
Possibly this button may have some relevance to your issue.

jenny01

Post by jenny01 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion, the SRC menu is one I hadn't seen before! Unfortunately though when I press the microphone option on this menu it comes up with the same statement about "secret mode" and "microphone is disconnected" so no luck :(

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”