sat nav problem.

All C4 Cactus related discussions
VinceMarsters

Re: sat nav problem.

Post by VinceMarsters » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Georgemac wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:48 pm
I have a new C4 Cactus the last version of the model. After a stressful time with little help from the dealer. I discovered that there are free MapCare updates and other updates by "Here maps" which cost and may not be compatible. I have successfully updated the free MapCare one. However does Mapcare have a speed camera map which can be added.
I believe (well hope since I have a years sub to the safety camera alerts) that the camera (risk areas) database is a separate chargeable item.

Overall I do not think the satnav is that bad, I just wish the actual maps were updated more often. I was also impressed by the traffic alert feature last week when it alerted me to 6 miles of traffic before the last chance to get off the motorway. Waze on the other hand was still telling me to stay on the motorway - and yes there really was a lot of very slow traffic so the Cactus satnav diverted me well.

Pvanv

Post by Pvanv » Wed May 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Have just had 3 phone calls with a very frustrated wife trying to give her directions to an unfamiliar destination. She is now having to stop to ask for directions! How quaint!
We just cannot enter a destination in the satnav, rendering it totally useless. The Irish post codes are not accepted, and it does not like the addresses we try to type in ( half way through, the necessary letters go grey in the text editor), so we just get nowhere with it.
If we manage to enter a destination, it does work well, but it is just not worth the frustration of even trying.

davew

Post by davew » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Pvanv wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:03 pm
Have just had 3 phone calls with a very frustrated wife trying to give her directions to an unfamiliar destination. She is now having to stop to ask for directions! How quaint!
We just cannot enter a destination in the satnav, rendering it totally useless. The Irish post codes are not accepted, and it does not like the addresses we try to type in ( half way through, the necessary letters go grey in the text editor), so we just get nowhere with it.
If we manage to enter a destination, it does work well, but it is just not worth the frustration of even trying.
I wonder if your satnav maps have been updated since acquiring the car?
I understand that the Eircode system was not formally introduced until June 2015, so possibly the mapping database in your car is simply out of date...

Pvanv

Post by Pvanv » Wed May 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Quite possibly, we now have the car two years (June 16, so well after the update you mention) and our only gripe is the satnav. It is due for a service soon and will enquire about an update

ruairip

Post by ruairip » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Interesting, we live in London but drive over to Ireland a few times a year.

Our maps are from April 2017 so in the UK we normally use postcode but have not tried Eircodes. Generally country, town & street work though initially I did save some destinations.
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (from 12/03/2016)

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Thu May 17, 2018 9:01 am

Not a big fan of the sat nav to be honest.

I'll use if it I just need confirmation of where I'm going, but if it's somewhere new I'll use my phone. It's nowhere near as intuitive as Google Maps.
Had ours for 18 months now. Love it.
Blue Lagoon. Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

I know that I'll get ridiculed by the techno geeks but today I paid £6.99 for the safety updates /warning zone/speed cameras May18.
It's only a small zip file and I thought sod it. Took 5 mins to download unpack and install.
Would love to know if it's coded to the car or it will work on any "old" cactus. Anybody any thoughts?
I'll be really narked when it finally costs me £69 for single area or £129 for the whole of Europe. Still got 2.5 years mapcare so worry later!
Black Flair 110 s&s

paully

Post by paully » Sat May 19, 2018 11:19 am

I'm in the same boat as you, is the 6.99 jobbie downloaded from Citroen site?
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 pm

My only beef with the sat about is it doesn’t show actual journey time, only arrival time. Not really a major problem, but it would make prior planning a little bit more straightforward.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Yes download was from Citroen HERE site.
Bit of a faf.
Would you be interested if I put it on my website and you down loaded it and see if it would up date your system?
Can't be sure it would work but might be worth a try
Black Flair 110 s&s

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”