Touchscreen firmware update?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Welshwonder08

Re: Touchscreen firmware update?

Post by Welshwonder08 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 am

Hi,

My car is due for a service in June. when I was booking it in to Citroen Callow Marsh Hereford I mentioned that I'd like the Firmware updated because my screen is really slow booting up and they said that it was not part of the service so there would be an additional charge for this! I was astounded. We are talking about the software that basically runs they car i.e. it is integral to the car. How can that not need regular updates. Imagine if Microsoft charged for keeping its software up to date!

I'm currently having the debate with Customer Services but I'm not getting anywhere. They say it is "optional" and something that a customer "could" do themselves (but they don't recommend that) so it is not part of the service.

How can Citroen pack a car with technology and then not accept that they have a responsibility to keep it maintained?!

So is this common with the Citroen dealership to charge for this?
2016 1.2 Puretech (110bhp Start / Stop) Shark Grey with black airbumps

davew

Post by davew » Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 am

Welshwonder08 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 am
Hi,

My car is due for a service in June. when I was booking it in to Citroen Callow Marsh Hereford I mentioned that I'd like the Firmware updated because my screen is really slow booting up and they said that it was not part of the service so there would be an additional charge for this! I was astounded. We are talking about the software that basically runs they car i.e. it is integral to the car. How can that not need regular updates. Imagine if Microsoft charged for keeping its software up to date!

I'm currently having the debate with Customer Services but I'm not getting anywhere. They say it is "optional" and something that a customer "could" do themselves (but they don't recommend that) so it is not part of the service.

How can Citroen pack a car with technology and then not accept that they have a responsibility to keep it maintained?!

So is this common with the Citroen dealership to charge for this?

If you use the search box on this site for "firmware update" you will find numerous postings about this issue, plus various explanations of how it can be done...

Welshwonder08

Post by Welshwonder08 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks, I did that and that's how I ended up in this thread...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Thu May 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Her in DK at my Citroen dealer the do what ever I aske them, free :) Well almost every thing hehe..
The are weary service minded..
CITROEN C4 CACTUS PURETECH 82 S&S ETG FEEL. 2015

Welshwonder08

Post by Welshwonder08 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Update: Customer Services have told me that this firmware update will be funded by Citroen this time, which is good. This doesn't address the main issue though, which is that Citroen seems to believe that software is not part of the car "proper".

I hope that they will change this policy soon as it does seem very archaic to me.

Return to “Faults & Technical”