Starter Issue on Cactus

All C4 Cactus related discussions
DoctorYo

Starter Issue on Cactus

Post by DoctorYo » Sat May 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello every one, love from South Africa, I recently purchased a 2015 Citroen Cactus 1.2 Tech Turbo Petrol from an auction with a mild fender accident, the car recently burnt out the starter motor, i had the starter motor recon and upon reconnection of the battery on the car, the car just tries to start itself without key in the ignition, so i had to disconnect the battery, I hooked up the car on my diagnostic machine, it says the Starter Interface fault ( permanent fault), I will like to know if any one on here knows where the Starter Relay control is located. I think there was a recall for some models with a faulty component in Starter Relay, i believe there might have being an issue with the Starter Relay that caused the original starter motor to burn out. Can anyone please share light on location of the Starter Relay. Thanks

davew

Re: Starter Issue on Cactus

Post by davew » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 pm

It looks to me that there are various relays within the fuse holder assembly in the engine compartment.
Working from a photograph I can see various coloured blocks (yellow, green, red) with the inscription "G Cartier" which is a company which manufactures relays for automotive applications...

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”