Exhaust heatshield rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Aston

Exhaust heatshield rattle

Post by Aston » Wed May 16, 2018 2:20 pm

The heatshield isn't loose, but has started to resonate at low speeds and is really annoying.
Anybody else had this?

ThePreacher

Re: Exhaust heatshield rattle

Post by ThePreacher » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

I had a similar rattle on startup and shut down, it turns out my issue was that one of the arms/hanger had rusted off 😦

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:45 am

Mine has developed a very loud rattle after the catalytic converter recall, it has been found in good condition so it hasn't been replaced. The rattle occurs only when stationary not while driving. It's very loud inside the cabin, strangely it's hardly noticeable when I open the bonnet to try the localize the issue. Checked the heat shields and they feel solid (as what the dealer said).

Anyone has got to the bottom of this with a similar issue?

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:22 pm

I have a funny sort of rattle, but only noticeable at low speeds when close to a wall or something where the sound can bounce back. Like reversing off the drive.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

twitwalk

Post by twitwalk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:10 pm

I recently had this issue too! There was an annoying rattle audible at idle which I would have sworn came from the dash on the driver's side. It only started soon after the car's first service so I was steeling myself for a 'debate' about the cause. But luckily the service department found it was a loose heat shield in the engine bay and sorted in minutes.
Cheers