Engine Fault Code

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Inchy

Engine Fault Code

Post by Inchy » Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Evening all,

I've recently began to see an engine fault appear on my dashboard. Upon interrogation with my OBD reader, the two fault codes are P220a and P220a P

I've had a look online but nothing seems to be conclusive. Can anyone shed light on the matter?
Many thanks.
José the Scottish Cactus. A 2015 Flair, Arctic Steel with black bumps.
History: Capri 2.0S, Mk1 Golf GTI, Mk2 Golf GTI 16V, Xantia TD, Xsara TD, C5 TD, 9-3 TiD Anniversary...

Shep2015

Re: Engine Fault Code

Post by Shep2015 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:58 pm

I am trying to obtain a workshop manual if I have any success I will be in touch :D

littlejim

Post by littlejim » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Nitrogen oxides NOx sensor 1. bank 1 - supply voltage circuit malfunction (Generic - Common for all car manufacturers)

see here : http://obdii.pro/en/code/P220A :geek:
Shine 1.2 Pure Tech 110, Shark Grey

galva

Post by galva » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 am

Inchy wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 pm
Evening all,

I've recently began to see an engine fault appear on my dashboard. Upon interrogation with my OBD reader, the two fault codes are P220a and P220a P

I've had a look online but nothing seems to be conclusive. Can anyone shed light on the matter?
Many thanks.
Hello. I had the same failure for a while ago. It seemed to be the NoX-sensor, right under the car in the middle - on the exhaust system. I ordered a new sensor on Ebay from spain for a reasonble price. It is very easy to replace for a person who have a little knowledge using tools. The problem was not the sensor itself, but was the circuit board incapsuled in the box where the sensor wires leads to. I opened the box, and the electronic circuit was damaged by salty water that came in beacuse the incapsulating didnt did its job properly. My cactus is out of warranty. I am living in Denmark where they use a lot of NaCl in the winter time on the roads, maybe thats why, but my best guess is that Citroen made this car to cheap, as I got the same problem with the roof antenna, where inside there is also a circuit board that collapsed by wheater entrance.

After you changed the NoX sensor, it will be a good idea if you or someone who can help you, use the Lexia-tool (also from ebay, a UK seller), to program the car, using a command telling that the car has to learn a new NoX-sensor to know. Otherwise go to a workshop. I dont know the total cost, but as my knowledge it is a fair price about 250-300£, buts thats just a wild guess.

Sorry my English, I hope you got the point.

Return to “Faults & Technical”