Time for change, testing and feedback from you

All C4 Cactus related discussions
FrankBullitt

Re: Time for change, testing and feedback from you

Post by FrankBullitt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 am

C4 Picasso 1.2 130 Puretech, Peugeot 3008 1.2 130 puretech

Surprised you found the Arona big enough, the Ateca perhaps...

Bewar3them00n

Post by Bewar3them00n » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 pm

I’ve been looking at the new Peugeot 3008, just about afford one if i stretch the budget slightly. Economical, more room, bigger boot, looks a stunner! Take the lion off, and it could be Range Rover. Another option is the Audi Q3, no too hot on its looks, seems somewhat dated compared to some of the cars we’ve seen over the last few years
1.2 PureTech (82bhp) Flair 5d Obsidian 17" Alloys

rtodorovsky

Post by rtodorovsky » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:36 am

I really need a small car with a big booth, and the Arona is still the best, Ateca is big for me, I live in the dead center of the capitol and parking is hell.

I tested the Kona (In Spanish sounds soft and gentle :D) what a hellish bumpy ride, and the seat I could not get a proper position... I got back pain after 30 min test drive...

Suzuki S-cross, decent, feels meh.

3008 is pretty much twice the price for the same kit. And aftermarket will be lower... Here VAG is THE brand... and all vehicles sell almost immediately.

I want all modern safety options and the Seat has it all, for 20k Euro there is no better-equipped car with a 400L boot and good ex and in terrOr :).

Adaptive cruise control, blind spot, rear traffic alert (and brake), city break and auto park. Heated stuff, the infotainment is really nice...

I think I will move to Seat soon...

Last test drive on Aircross and Stonic.
1.6 BlueHDI ETG 6 Shine Hello Yello & Black 6sPacks

CactusBob

Post by CactusBob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm trying to buy a Suzuki Ignis SZ-T as a replacement for my 2016 Cactus. Long story, see my other post. The Ignis is smaller, but I'm a single guy with no kids so it's fine for me. Suzuki seem good on reliability too. Don't bother looking at Fiats. I had a new Fiat Panda in 2015 and it was awful to drive and it burned a lot of oil. I traded up to the Cactus 6 months later!

Interesting about the Hyundai Kona. I like the looks, but it's expensive for what it is. Not driven one, but don't want to after what you said about it. :)

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 pm

I got a call today from our local Citroen dealer. It seems Citroen Finance have "occasional offers" and my name popped up - probably so much bull, but I'll play along. Anyway they can offer me some deal if I want to chop in my car early (about 10 months). Apparently its easier for them to sell a 2nd hand car if its got less mileage on it than it would in a years time.

I'm not a very financially minded person so I'm meeting him on Sunday to for him to explain it & what they can offer and to test drive the new Cactus and the new C3 Aircross.
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles

rtodorovsky

Post by rtodorovsky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 pm
I got a call today from our local Citroen dealer. It seems Citroen Finance have "occasional offers" and my name popped up - probably so much bull, but I'll play along. Anyway they can offer me some deal if I want to chop in my car early (about 10 months). Apparently its easier for them to sell a 2nd hand car if its got less mileage on it than it would in a years time.

I'm not a very financially minded person so I'm meeting him on Sunday to for him to explain it & what they can offer and to test drive the new Cactus and the new C3 Aircross.
Odd, the new Cactus is great, but i need more than it can offer, i drove an adaptive cruise control car... it's haven... sooo i will probably go VAG...

The aircross is still in my head had not driven it yet thou... but it's pricey.

FrankBullitt

Post by FrankBullitt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 pm

It’s the end of quarter 2 (June 30th) and the manufactures will be throwing all sorts at dealers meeting their targets, some will be selling at a loss to hit their quantity targets - so long as you are happy with what they have in stock you can get a cracking deal but don’t accept the first offer, show serious intent but wait for the phone call at the end of next week offering a better deal.

rtodorovsky

Post by rtodorovsky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:50 am

And also the new Euro standard is coming in town, so there will be big discounts on engines that are dated... probably they will have higher tax, but than again if you buy it cheap :)

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”