Might be saying gooodbye to my Cactus??? Maybe not!

All C4 Cactus related discussions
CactusBob

Might be saying gooodbye to my Cactus??? Maybe not!

Post by CactusBob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 pm

My Cactus is due to go back to Citroen next March at the end of the 3 year PCP deal. Been looking at other cars to change to as I don't like the new shape Cactus. I had one for 24 hours, it's a nice car but I don't like the styling. Also looking for cheaper car anyway. Looked at a Suzuki Ignis SZ-T about a month ago, nippy little car, quirky styling and I liked it. Reviews on YouTube are very positive and Suzuki scores very well in reliability surveys. It's a bit smaller than the Cactus, but with 2 separate sliding, reclining seats in the rear and plenty of headroom with the tall roofline, it's big enough for me. Has love it or hate it styling, but so does the Cactus. I like the way it looks. Add to this the local dealer offers a 7 year warranty and it makes a lot of sense. The inside doesn't have the soft touch plastics of the Citroen dash and it's a bit cheapo looking, but should be hardwearing. Anyway when I looked at the car before, the figures didn't work for me as they needed £1000 deposit which I don't have currently. No probs carry on as I am with my Cactus which I am very happy with for now. The dealer called back the other day to say there is a special event coming up and thy can do the deal minus the £1000 so no deposit needed. Went and had another look and a test drive, did the sums and went ahead with the deal. I thought I was buying a car. The deal was on a white one in stock at their other showroom. I phoned the next day and they told me that car was already sold!!! So they had effectively sold me a car that didn't exist! How is that even possible? They DO have one in black, but I really don't like black cars. Any colour other than black would be fine. So, desperate not to lose the sale they have been ringing other dealers to try and swap their black one for another colour car wherever they can find one. 2 days later they still haven't found one. They are now saying they can try and get one of the cars at the docks but they will have to wait until the weekend due to terms of the offer. So they can't guarantee they will be able to secure me a car at the agreed price. I might suggest they could sell me their white demonstrator at the same discount and they use their black one instead, but it seems likely that I'll be keeping the Citroen for a while longer. Strange situation. Couldn't make it up really!

FrankBullitt

Re: Might be saying gooodbye to my Cactus??? Maybe not!

Post by FrankBullitt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm

I suppose the first question, of you are struggling to raise the £1k deposit is that is your Cactus in negative equity (ie do you owe more than it’s worth?)

The situation to describe is something I’ve heard of before usually when the dealer is into on-line sales heavily and the systems take time to catch up when a car is ‘sold’

Honestly, I’d think if it as a lucky escape, the Ignis fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

I'd agree - the Ignis isn't a bad looking car - from every angle except the rear. From the back it looks like its chewing a brick. Also yeah, black is a poor colour. On some cars its okay but it doesn't suit the Ignis.

Have you thought about the new C3 Aircross?
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles

CactusBob

Post by CactusBob » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 am

Had a look at the C3 Aircross in the showroom and looks a nice car, but it didn't appeal in the same way the original Cactus did. Looked at the C3 as well, but I'm not that keen on the styling. I know the Ignis looks a bit oddball but that's why I like it I guess. Different people have different tastes. I nearly bought a Nissan Cube once because I liked the styling. On the test drive lots of people were looking at it as I drove past which put me off. Don't want to be as oddball as that. Some people don't like the Cactus, but each to their own. I got a few stares from some people when I first got it, but not now they're more common. I still had to explain to people who asked what the airbumps were for!

I had a couple of original shape Ford Kas in the past and when that came out some people said it looked like a defecating dog!

Anyway, spoke to the dealer today and they have found me a red one which is my preferred colour. Getting white side stripes fitted so it certainly will look different. It's not a Cactus, but I have really enjoyed mine. Just feel it's time for a change. Still got it for another month so I will still be lurking on this forum.

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”