Progressive Hydraulic Cushions Retrofit?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis
Pvanv

Progressive Hydraulic Cushions Retrofit?

Post by Pvanv » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:51 pm

So the new Cactus is now with us. Does anyone know if it could be possible to retrofit its suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions to an original (now Old- ) model Cactus? Probably prohibitively expensive, but could it physically be done?
Flair, PureTec 82 manual, Shark Grey

gsa1300

Re: Progressive Hydraulic Cushions Retrofit?

Post by gsa1300 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:07 pm

As I know -read somewhere- not only the shock absorbers are different. There are other elements which are differ in the new Cactus, but I do not know details.
2018 Cactus Shine (Flair in the UK) Emerald Blue with white color pack

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:13 pm

Interesting question! I think it is probably technically possible but I have had a look on service.citroen.com website and I came away head spinning! I think not only do you have to swap the shock absorbers but you would need to swap the springs as well. All fine and dandy except with the front springs those of us with older model Cacti have a choice of two for the front. With the post face lift there's a choice of 5!! Additionally, the rear cross members look physically similar but with face lift models there is a choice of two part numbers. Sorry to put of a bit of a damper on the project, but I think it could be problematical and expesnsive.

sandrick

Post by sandrick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Citroen reworked the undercarriage to fit the cushions, so definitely not easy to be done.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”