Displaying contacts

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Shazza2401

Displaying contacts

Post by Shazza2401 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Hello everyone!!

I am looking for some help from you all. I have recently purchased a 2017 model. I have managed to pair my iphone 7 but none of my contacts have imported. When I go into the menu for received or dialled calls, there is nothing being displayed. When my daughters' phone is connected, all her numbers are displayed, but no contacts!!!!
I thought I was pretty good with technology.........but I am admitting defeat now!!

Thanks in advance.
Sharon :)

davew

Re: Displaying contacts

Post by davew » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 am

I don't have any specific knowledge but you might get a possible clue from this short thread from a few years ago regarding iPhone 5s contacts

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=508

One of the posts refers to User Handbook pages 294/295, but with your 2017 vehicle, the page that mentions contacts transfer when making the Bluetooth pairing is p279

ie the section that states:

Depending on the type of telephone, the system will ask you to accept or not the transfer of your contacts. If not, select "Update"

And BTW the selection of UPDATE might be by pressing on a small screen symbol rather than a word - Citroen seem keen on making you work out the meanings of these symbols - sometimes rather archaic, such as the "save" symbol in one of the satnav menu screens being a tiny representation of a floppy disc. When did anybody last use one of those to be able to instantly recognise it now?

Shazza2401

Post by Shazza2401 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you so much for replying. I'll give that a try!!!! I've also noticed that my instruction manual is only a Basic Guide ( 150 pages), not a full one with hundreds of pages!!!! Hopefully if my dealer can get me a proper handbook, I might get the answers inside.
Thanks for your reply

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 am

Shazza2401 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am
Thank you so much for replying. I'll give that a try!!!! I've also noticed that my instruction manual is only a Basic Guide ( 150 pages), not a full one with hundreds of pages!!!! Hopefully if my dealer can get me a proper handbook, I might get the answers inside.
Thanks for your reply
You should be able to download a copy online.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

davew

Post by davew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:57 pm

The2ems wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 am
Shazza2401 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am
Thanks for your reply
You should be able to download a copy online.

Indeed you can download your own copy - not as straight forward as it should be, but the following works:

go to web site http://service.citroen.com/ACddb/

- choose language
- choose c4 cactus and click on any of the car symbols
- choose manufacturing date range for car
- In new screen, centre near top, there is a GO TO PAGE box
- enter any sensible page number
- click ok
- in new screen at right hand side near top is a PDF symbol - click this
- The handbook now appears properly on the screen with several symbols near the top at right hand side
- click on the download symbol and wait for it to arrive - 300 plus pages

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”