New User to Group

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
dhulme72

New User to Group

Post by dhulme72 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Hello All, I have just picked up a used 2015 C4 Cactus 1.6 HDi Flair in Grey after looking around for some time. I mainly happy with the car but have had to call the garage to complain about a whistling noise when driving at 30 mph +. It sounds like the window is open on the passenger side but all windows are shut. I am taking it in for them to look over this Saturday but not sure what they will do.
I looked online and have seen other comments about having a whistling Cactus. I am really hoping to get it sorted as everything else is good so far.

DavidP

Re: New User to Group

Post by DavidP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 pm

There was as service bulletin issued by Citroen a couple of years ago which affected cars up to RPO 14424 which dealt with this problem. It was Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) - VF70PHMZBGE526562 if the dealer needs reminding. It involves fitting some self-adhesive foam (Part No. 9816891180) to the leading edge of the door frame and takes about 40 minutes. If you PM me with an email address I can forward you the document as a PDF if it would be of any help

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Just bought a Shark grey Blu D Cacti :| Did a couple of hundred miles (or Kilometres) already in the seats Liking it a lot. Very good transport for money paid. I'm a seasoned (Well peppered, auld duffer) driver from Glasgow. Will be popping in to bother the techs with many a probing questions or two. hi fae Gleazga. :D

dhulme72

Post by dhulme72 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Thanks DavidP for your reply. I have since noticed that the near side wing mirror has a bit of damage and has been rather crudely glued. There is still a small gap/hole which may account for the whistling noise. Taken it back to the dealership and they have ordered a replacement to be fitted this Friday. Fingers crossed it solves the problem.

Return to “Introductions”