new owner

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
spencer787

new owner

Post by spencer787 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:26 am

Hi all,
New owner here, have a 2015 1.6 hdi auto cactus in red with black trim, bought last weekend . Had to replace my tired old ford focus.

I do have some observations though, all the research I have done on the auto box seemed to be negative.I think once you understand that its actually a manual robotised you quickly adjust your driving style(haters gonna hate).I have had generally positive comments from neighbours and friends ;) ;) .
I find it very easy to drive and much better that the focus auto box :D . But hey ho, the aircon nearly gave me frostbite for the 2 hour drive home after I bought it, invaluable for the heatwave we are experiencing( it says something when during the heatwave the most comfortable place to be is in the car :D :D ).
The infotainment system is ok but soooo much to learn and better to have the wife adjust stuff whilst on the move, getting there though.
I must say that having steered clear of citroen and going ford , vauxhall, chrysler and volkswagen all my life I am pleasantly surprised with the cactus.

IMG_20180728_105710.jpg

cactus.jpg

blackcountrycactus

Re: new owner

Post by blackcountrycactus » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm

You sound like me ,this is our first Citroen car although I’ve had Citroen vans for over 12yrs ,think I’ve said before understand the cars uniqueness and you’ll bond with it better,like you our aircon is great,hope you enjoy we still do :D
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016

paully

Post by paully » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Welcome aboard..glad you're liking it..Looks great from the pics and yes my Aircon has been brilliant in this hot weather 😁
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

telboy

Post by telboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am

welcome i have the same car same year same colour and auto box really love it i hope you will as well. :D

SSL10547.JPG

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:23 pm

I wish you all the best with your new Cactus. Nice colour, lovely wheels and from the pic it looks like the rear brakes are drums, not the expensive discs.

Mine must have been a Friday afternoon car. It has done 34,500 miles, the air-con has completely packed up after a full check-up and re-gas 6000 miles ago and needs £300 to put it right. I think I must be unfortunate as the list of faults and replacement parts must exceed £1000. Some faults paid under warrantee, others by myself. The only +ve thing is its nil road duty.

I am going to ask my local dealership if there is anything else which they can interest me in especially if it will cost £1000 before its 4th birthday.