Front wiper blades fixed price

All C4 Cactus related discussions
davew

Re: Front wiper blades fixed price

Post by davew » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Rubik wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 pm
Price is a rip-off (£30) from dealership.

Very easy indeed to remove the whole blade assembly and replace, not even £5's worth of labour charges.

Have faith in yourselves, buy a replacement rubber £2.50 and replace it yourself saving you £27.50.

I have done just that, it wipes perfectly with no smears whatsoever from top to bottom. See the pic which shows 4 wipes clearing water.
I like your suggestion and the detailed explanation - thanks

nc111

Post by nc111 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:29 pm

You probably find a dealership labour is £30 minimum even it it took 5 mins. If I were doing it, spending a couple pounds more on higher quality blades would be worth while.
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

Riggers

Post by Riggers » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:34 pm

nc111 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:07 pm
I remember doing the blade swap routine on a previous car - had bought cheap replacements which still left smears after fitted (they were all plastic), so fitted the blades into the old metal arms, much better. Now prefer decent makes as they last longer, usually Bosch, and they cost £15-£20+ for a pair.

So £30 for wipers from a dealer, fitted, probably doesn't cover their labour charge, Is that fora front pair or per blade?

Anyone ever tried Ecocut?
I just used the eco cut, was a bit sceptical but it took a very neat 1mm of perished rubber off and left a really sharp edge which leaves the screen smear free! Well worth the investment in my opinion. Can use it twice too so extends the wiper life by a year or so.

Vacuman

Post by Vacuman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 pm

I bought some genuine Citroen blades via this ebay shop - www.ebay.co.uk/str/Wingrove-Parts - £31 delivered. When they arrived the little nozzle for the washer on the drivers side blade had snapped off in transit. I gave them a call and, no quibble, they sent me a replacement by UPS.

The chap I dealt with said that if anyone wants to order parts direct (rather than via ebay) they will offer 10% discount to Cactus forum members,

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Vacuman wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 pm
I bought some genuine Citroen blades via this ebay shop - www.ebay.co.uk/str/Wingrove-Parts - £31 delivered. When they arrived the little nozzle for the washer on the drivers side blade had snapped off in transit. I gave them a call and, no quibble, they sent me a replacement by UPS.

The chap I dealt with said that if anyone wants to order parts direct (rather than via ebay) they will offer 10% discount to Cactus forum members,
Still to expensive.. ridiculous.

My nearside wiper blade split yesterday (2nd Feb19) and I replaced the blade in 15 minutes, perfect.
The blade itself is only held in position by a small metal clip. Easily removable and the old blade slides out. The new replacement £1.50 slides in all the way. At the end just re-insert the clip with some snipe nose pliers as it came off, job done. PERFECT. :)

nc111

Post by nc111 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Just done it with my offside - got a 24" wiper then realised that the offside is smaller, so just cut it down. I got an RAC branded one for £4, purely because it was in a local discounter shop and I didn't have t wait for postage. Not sure the price matters if you are using the rubber blade and throwing the rest of it away, so I guess cheap is just as good as a properOEM - in fact the rubber I put on was thicker than the old blade so just took more coaxing in.
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

Stevew684

Post by Stevew684 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Aldi are doing 24 inch Michelin blades for reduced price of £3.99 each, bought a couple today as a strategic purchase for the future to utilise the rubbers. Some of the blades I have bought from eBay have been a bit crappy, but surely Michelin ones should be good?
2018 C4 Cactus Hatch Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 Emerald Blue with silver colour pack.

AlanR5555

Post by AlanR5555 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Bosch sp from europarts pass 3.50 just change over rubbers 19 in quality rubber
Front drivers was fine not measured still life in them