Sat Nav Update Failure

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Rogercasemore

Sat Nav Update Failure

Post by Rogercasemore » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I have a new Cactus C4 1.2 Flair (Polar White) registered 1st June 2018.
Via the My Citroen App I got a message advising me to update my Sat Nav and sending me an email with the link to download. It advised me to download the file to me PC and then save to a USB stick.

I downloaded the file and then unzipped it to a 30GB Usb stick. I started the engine and put the USB stick in the socket.

I then get a message saying, 'Update failed, File corrupted'. I deleted the files on the USB stick and reformatted it FAT32

I then unzipped the file on my PC to a new Folder on my PC and then copied the contents of that File to my USB stick.

I then started my car and inserted the USB stick and got the same message. Update Failed File corrupted.

Please help

srperry

Re: Sat Nav Update Failure

Post by srperry » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Which browser did you use to download the update? I use Firefox and have never had a corrupt file issue.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

Evilpaul

Post by Evilpaul » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 pm

I've had issues with one of my USB memory sticks before, try using a different one and see if that works.
PureTech 110 Flair, Sport Red, Sunroof, Black Leather, Red Mirrors, Red Decal

davew

Post by davew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Rogercasemore wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm
I have a new Cactus C4 1.2 Flair (Polar White) registered 1st June 2018.
Via the My Citroen App I got a message advising me to update my Sat Nav and sending me an email with the link to download. It advised me to download the file to me PC and then save to a USB stick.

I downloaded the file and then unzipped it to a 30GB Usb stick. I started the engine and put the USB stick in the socket.

I then get a message saying, 'Update failed, File corrupted'. I deleted the files on the USB stick and reformatted it FAT32

I then unzipped the file on my PC to a new Folder on my PC and then copied the contents of that File to my USB stick.

I then started my car and inserted the USB stick and got the same message. Update Failed File corrupted.

Please help

The Citroen recommended procedure is described here -

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... Manual.pdf

did you exactly follow this (including the Software License file - as in parts 3/ 4) ?

Rogercasemore

Post by Rogercasemore » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Just to let you know, it is impossible to install the map Update without the Installer Program, which they failed to provide.

I have had excellent support from Dean Tudor-Andrews at Chevron Motors, Worcester. He identified the problem and was able to get the installer file from the Citroen System on his PC. He was then able to install the download files onto a USB Stick and install it on my car.

I suspect that any other customers downloading the update will have the same problem if you do not include the installer file with the map download.

blackcountrycactus

Post by blackcountrycactus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Good to here of another good main dealer not to far from me, i'm not far from the clent hill's near the audi dealer/halesowen abbey and regularly go to worcester

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”