Auto wipers and lights issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Jakub87

Re: Auto wipers and lights issue

Post by Jakub87 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks Davew! I'll check my car with Lexia ASAP, when I resolve this problem I'll back to this thread and give you an update

Jacob

Jakub87

Post by Jakub87 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi guys!

Two days ago the mechanic checked my car with Lexia. He said that he has a problem was with communication with light/rain sensor. He said that when he wanted to connect with a sensor the program shut down and he couldn't check it. He also said that maybe there is a problem with a sensor so I bought used sensor which I received today - I connect it with my car but the problem remains. Do you have any ideas what's wrong and how to repair it? I assume that there is a problem with cables from a sensor to BSI(?) but I'm not sure (I'm not a mechanic...). One thing is strange for me - I think that when the sensor/connection is broken I should have info on my dashboard (maybe SERVICE light?) while in my car when I turned auto lights or auto wipers I have info that it is turned ON (so it should works but it didn't). Really strange, really frustrating, please - help me :)

Jacob

Jakub87

Post by Jakub87 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 am

Hi again!

Finally! The mechanic found out what's going on :) The problem was with the ground cable from rain sensor. He added a new cable (because he couldn't find where exactly the cable is broken) to the sensor and now everything works ok.

Thanks
Jacob

davew

Post by davew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am

Hi Jacob - it's good the know that you now have it working correctly. Thanks for telling us the solution.

Jakub87

Post by Jakub87 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:05 pm

davew wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am
Hi Jacob - it's good the know that you now have it working correctly. Thanks for telling us the solution.
No problem, thanks for every advice!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jacob

Return to “Faults & Technical”