82 or 108 HP?

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Pheon

Re: 82 or 108 HP?

Post by Pheon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 pm

The gear linkage issue is obvious, I do not know when the improved linkage came about but the original versions was sloppy, the later one, quite precise.

Also try to go for car without disc brakes at the rear, originals rusted badly, changed to drums later. Discs on the back of so light a car was always very stupid, Not needed.

JayyLee94

Post by JayyLee94 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:59 pm

I have the 82hp model mainly because I got a deal from my dealership I couldn't possibly refuse! It may be slower than its 110 hp counterpart but in my opinion it's still economical and lovely to drive. It's for those who like to cruise around rather than whizz about. I love mine, its perfect for my daily commute. :D
C4 Cactus Puretech 1.2 Feel

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Pheon wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 pm
The gear linkage issue is obvious, I do not know when the improved linkage came about but the original versions was sloppy, the later one, quite precise.

Also try to go for car without disc brakes at the rear, originals rusted badly, changed to drums later. Discs on the back of so light a car was always very stupid, Not needed.
I couldn't agree more. My 1.6 Hdi Feel has disc brakes on the rear, they were dreadfully rusty when I bought the car at a year old.

The car was an ex demonstrator but it appears the dealership didn't lend it out very much hence its low mileage. This explains why the discs were so badly corroded. The braking effect was so poor that I am amazed it passed its first MOT.

I later reluctantly bit the bullet and paid for them to be replaced which have now beaded in nicely. The overall braking is now excellent hence applying the handbrake now locks the rear wheels.