Infotainment

All C4 Cactus related discussions
stuartm18

Infotainment

Post by stuartm18 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Ok so firstly the lack of any info on the web is pants for my new c2018 cactus flait. User manual is skinny and pretty useless (doesn't even have fusebox map!)

Anyways, can someone explain how mirror link for Android is supposed to work? I thought it was supposed to be unrestricted mirror of my phone? However on connecting only two apps appear?

Android auto is also restricted, but I expected this.

What is the point of mirror link if it's no more useful than Android auto?

Also, I note that profiles can be set - what is the point of this?

Finally, I am unable to select a different colour scheme, despite an option of orange or red being present, it does not change when I select red.

How to customise the interface with photos, etc (or even how to view photos and YouTube) would be much appreciated! No guides on YouTube:(

Thanks

davew

Re: Infotainment

Post by davew » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:32 pm

stuartm18 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:48 pm
Ok so firstly the lack of any info on the web is pants for my new c2018 cactus flait. User manual is skinny and pretty useless (doesn't even have fusebox map!)...
The User manual for the 2018 car that I downloaded from the Citroen site seems to have almost 200 pages - is that the same as your one?
There seem to be diagrams showing fuse locations for the in-car fuses and also the engine compartment fuses, so maybe your version is a quick outline guide?

stuartm18

Post by stuartm18 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

davew wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:32 pm
stuartm18 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:48 pm
Ok so firstly the lack of any info on the web is pants for my new c2018 cactus flait. User manual is skinny and pretty useless (doesn't even have fusebox map!)...
The User manual for the 2018 car that I downloaded from the Citroen site seems to have almost 200 pages - is that the same as your one?
There seem to be diagrams showing fuse locations for the in-car fuses and also the engine compartment fuses, so maybe your version is a quick outline guide?
Thanks Dave

I think my manual is around 90 pages which came in the glovebox.

Don't suppose you would happen to have a link for where to get the manual? I cant seem to locate it at Citroen.co.uk. I had to goto french site for a PDF of the fuse box, which incidentally was all in French!

stuartm18

Post by stuartm18 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 pm

I found a 2015 manual at www.carmanuals2.com which is over 300 pages which seems pretty legit. Although doesn't cover the 2018 model in any detail, such as the infotainment.

davew

Post by davew » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:33 am

Cactus User Handbooks - online at http://service.citroen.com/ACddb/

At this site you can choose the language and any Citroen car model and then find your particular year.
The handbook appears directly on the screen with a section index at the left hand side. You can also download a pdf version by clicking on the rather small pdf symbol on the right hand side.

stuartm18

Post by stuartm18 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:59 pm

The official manual is ok. But how can I for example view a movie or just a YouTube video on the screen? Is this possible?

Would be nice to view a video whilst parked up, or for the Mrs to watch whilst I am driving

Any tips along these lines would be appreciated 😀