Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Finally Joined The Cactus Club

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Puppers 
#1 ·
I've had him a month today :) 1.2 Puretech s/s ETG Flair Edition. Love the glass roof and the part leather seats are so comfortable :) He does have an issue with the oil pressure warning light flashing on briefly when the start/stop kicks in and only when the engine is warm, but not every time. The first time at the garage, they said he didn't have enough oil (I had checked this before contacting them and it was just below max). The second time at the garage, had the timing belt changed, as it was shredding (as per another post in the forum https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4393, and it was replaced under warranty). The issue hasn't been fixed and so is going back in tomorrow :cry: Hopefully, the issue will be solved this time...as I'm determined not to let it ruin the enjoyment of an otherwise great car. Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Puppers said:
I've had him a month today :) 1.2 Puretech s/s ETG Flair Edition. Love the glass roof and the part leather seats are so comfortable :) He does have an issue with the oil pressure warning light flashing on briefly when the start/stop kicks in and only when the engine is warm, but not every time. The first time at the garage, they said he didn't have enough oil (I had checked this before contacting them and it was just below max). The second time at the garage, had the timing belt changed, as it was shredding (as per another post in the forum https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4393, and it was replaced under warranty). The issue hasn't been fixed and so is going back in tomorrow :cry: Hopefully, the issue will be solved this time...as I'm determined not to let it ruin the enjoyment of an otherwise great car. IMG_20181207_140640-2.jpg
Love the colour, not brilliant white paintwork but it looks more like a silvery colour in the photo. ;)

I cannot offer any thoughts on the oil light issue but the timing belt showing signs of shredding is of concern.

#5 ·
My 15 plate 1.2 L Puretch had the timing belt was replaced at 60,000 miles. The inner facing material was cracked and spalling. There were cracks on the exterior face. The service schedule states replacement at 112,000 miles (110,000 for arduous service) or 10 years. The car was serviced at 58,000 miles, but the new oil was black when the timing belt was replaced 2,000 miles later (possibly debris from the belt). I don't intend to go another 60,000 miles before I replace this belt (unless someone can tell my why the life is significantly less than that stated on the service schedule). This is the first car I've had that has a wet timing belt. I'm not convinced that wet belts are a good idea.

#7 ·
Sorry, forgot to update. The issue was at 26,500 miles, so nowhere near the schedule for changing. It turns out that debris from the belt had got into the oil pump, so that was replaced and the issue was resolved. Still loving the car and so glad that I found a great looking colour combination....everyone comments on how good the black wheels look with the silver body :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.