General Engine Dysfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
thetapeworm

Re: General Engine Dysfunction

Post by thetapeworm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Screen shot from FAP Lite showing supposed additive levels between the end of April and today.

I put 5L in at the end of last year but I'm unsure what normal consumption rates are, it's using some though apparently.

Oddly the urea warning light came on this morning with the associated 1500 mile message on screen so something is happening, somewhere.

Edit: 10L of AdBlue just added so it was definitely in need of some.

FAP lite AdBlue capacity levels didn't update though and I know it pulls this from the levels the ECU is reading, the Urea light and associated warning went off so the car knew...

It had a 3 year service last month and I thought that would include AdBlue so something else for me to check.

I spoke to a local diagnostics / mapping chap who, quite honestly, said he'd rather not get involved based on previous experience of similar issues on Citroëns :lol:

And still not 30k on the clock.

Screenshot_20190610_132826.jpg

'16 Flair Edition - Obsidian Black - BlueHDi 100

VinceMarsters

Post by VinceMarsters » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm

thetapeworm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm
It had a 3 year service last month and I thought that would include AdBlue so something else for me to check.
My experience is that AdBlue top ups are not part of routine servicing unless you ask for it (and at around £40+ for it to be done in the service it is also expensive). My local dealer always asks if I want it done or not when I book it in.

thetapeworm

Post by thetapeworm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:44 pm

VinceMarsters wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm
thetapeworm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm
My experience is that AdBlue top ups are not part of routine servicing unless you ask for it (and at around £40+ for it to be done in the service it is also expensive). My local dealer always asks if I want it done or not when I book it in.
Cheers, that seems to be the same policy my independent has, I see Citroen also do it as an extra for £19.99 for a 10L fill.

I managed to find a decent screw-on nipple and tubing to get the 10L in, it's not in the nicest place to top up in the Cactus, I know they are made to a budget but I'd gladly have paid £100 more for the car to have a filler neck in a nice location :)

On the error code front I've diverted back on to the filler cap sensor again, probably incorrectly, as it first happened when my wife refueled... the only issue being I can't see if the Cactus has a cap sensor :lol:
'16 Flair Edition - Obsidian Black - BlueHDi 100