driver's car seat

All C4 Cactus related discussions
dfgdad

driver's car seat

Post by dfgdad » Fri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm

I've had my C4 cactus from new for about a month and am very pleased with it. Smooth, quiet etc etc.
However, I cannot seem to find a comfortable position for the driver's seat. I have fiddled with angle, lumbar support and position from wheel but have yet to achieve a breakthrough. Any advice out there?

CactiBhoy

Re: driver's car seat

Post by CactiBhoy » Fri May 03, 2019 5:13 pm

I`m over six foot in height so before adjustment of my seat, I kept headbutting :roll: the star visor in front of me, each time I leaned forwards or even moved. I slide the seat back a good bit every time I get in or out of the Cactus, and then back towards the pedals now. I have the seat height just above the runners just now and the seat back near vertical.

I have also noticed wear in the upper squab just below my kidneys and right buttock, if this continues I think I will be contacting Citroen. As not as if I drive about with a screwdriver protruding from my back pocket on my trousers. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

Cactused

Post by Cactused » Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 pm

i'm 6'3" and it's a compromise: i got a lumbar pad and it's bearable, but it's my main bugbear with the car really. 90% of the problem would be sorted if the steering was reach adjustable, for me.

davemk39

Post by davemk39 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 pm

i'm 6'2 and have the seat up a bit and back. too close and high and i headbutt the visor all the time.
yellow 1.2 puretech 82 feel

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 am

davemk39 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 pm
i'm 6'2 and have the seat up a bit and back. too close and high and i headbutt the visor all the time.
Yea Citroen will maybe move the curtain airbags that are in the roof, or lower the floor on any new internal facelifted Cactus. As its a pain in the forehead. Only thing I can do is remove the star visor (well easy) or fold it down or to the side (cant see shi7e either way).

The only other way is to recline the seat back, but I bash the side of my temple and ear when turning left, off the B pillar (maybe I drive to fast :twisted: and should just put my rally seats in both sides :evil: ) As the looks on the faces of other drivers when I drift past them in the Cactus, is amusing also. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But my antics amuse Mrs Cactus and her friends when I`m their drunken taxi service. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

What is a star visor?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps