Doors locking 1 min after unlocking

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
emmag

Doors locking 1 min after unlocking

Post by emmag » Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi. I have a problem that I will unlock the car whilst walking towards it. Then, I will open the back door to chuck the dog in. Whilst doing this the car will automatically relock. At first I thought it might be a safety feature like ‘whoops you accidentally unlocked the car so I will lock it back up for you’ as it never relocks if I open the front doors. Does anyone know how to unprogram this as I have very nearly locked my keys in the car as it also does this when I opened the boot. Thanks

Mothy

Re: Doors locking 1 min after unlocking

Post by Mothy » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Mine does this also. I guess opening the driver's door is the master control. For the door locks. A similar scenario is the auto lock is only centrally unlocked by the drivers door. It’s a fun scenario when one stops, passenger gets out and can’t open tailgate. Driver gets out and opens tailgate without difficulty much to the mystification of the passenger!
1.6 BlueHDi Flair red

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm

I can't comment if this regards the new Cactus but my 65 plate will not re lock if I open any door or the boot within a minute.
If I well remember in the "driving assistance" menu on the screen there is a sub menu with vehicle settings for lights and selective locking/unlocking.

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:18 pm

If you have the key in the ignition switch the door won`t lock, as it senses the key and doesn`t lock on you. Most cars with central locking do this trick when you back is turned. HAL 9000 hates you. :lol:

You cant lock the doors with the key in the ignition also. But it doesn`t regulate for stupid. As I locked my key in the back shelf after closing it, after leaving it whilst removing something. Lucky for me I did it outside my front door.

So popped back in the get the spare fob. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol: