Satellites Not Visible

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
IsobelT

Satellites Not Visible

Post by IsobelT » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pm

My 2017 Citroen Cactus Sat Nav used to work fine and worked after I ran the 2018 update. Recently it has stopped working and shows Satellites Visible as 0 and the location arrow is sitting apparently mid ocean somewhere. I have recently tried running the 2019 update to see if it would make it work again but still have the same problem and not sure if the update ran properly or not. Any suggestions about how to make sure it picks up satellites?

Thank you.

IsobelT

Jindod

Re: Satellites Not Visible

Post by Jindod » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:58 am

Hi there.

Did you manage to get this fixed?
I suddenly have exactly the same issue.

Thanks

Jindod

Post by Jindod » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:04 am

Or can anyone else help.
I’ve disconnected the battery for 30 mins a couple of times. And yesterday I updated to the latest software. But it doesn’t see any satellites. :( nothing happened. Just one day last week I noticed it wasn’t working.

Jindod

Post by Jindod » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:10 am

Is there a fuse for the gps aerial?

IsobelT

Post by IsobelT » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Now fixed. It turned out to be a problem with the base of the aerial on the roof and I had to have it replaced. The aerial seems to serve the radio, the compass and GPS. The radio and compass were fine though.

We sometimes tow a boat and when we do I have to unscrew the aerial to clear the mast. The replacement aerial base came with a little plastic cap to put in when tbe removable part has been taken off. My garage thought there may have been a problem with water ingress and advised me to use the plastic cap. He also reattached the base to the car with some petroleum jelly acting as a water barrier.

Cheers.

Isobel

[Qquote=Jindod post_id=28905 time=1575360272 user_id=3108]
Or can anyone else help.
I’ve disconnected the battery for 30 mins a couple of times. And yesterday I updated to the latest software. But it doesn’t see any satellites. :( nothing happened. Just one day last week I noticed it wasn’t working.
[/quote]

Jindod

Post by Jindod » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Ah ok cool!
well it's booked in on monday and they said they thought it was probably the aerial so fingers crossed.
IsobelT wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm
Now fixed. It turned out to be a problem with the base of the aerial on the roof and I had to have it replaced. The aerial seems to serve the radio, the compass and GPS. The radio and compass were fine though.

We sometimes tow a boat and when we do I have to unscrew the aerial to clear the mast. The replacement aerial base came with a little plastic cap to put in when tbe removable part has been taken off. My garage thought there may have been a problem with water ingress and advised me to use the plastic cap. He also reattached the base to the car with some petroleum jelly acting as a water barrier.

Cheers.

Isobel

[Qquote=Jindod post_id=28905 time=1575360272 user_id=3108]
Or can anyone else help.
[/quote]