Warning Noises when turning sharply

All C4 Cactus related discussions
CHINUP3107

Warning Noises when turning sharply

Post by CHINUP3107 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Had a puncture yesterday and it may be unrelated bit since that point I keep getting a warning beep if I turn sharply or say turn round in our cul de sac.

Have made sure tyre pressure calibration has been reset.

Anyone got any ideas before I have to reluctantly take it to the garage?

TIA :D

PCLock

Re: Warning Noises when turning sharply

Post by PCLock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Are all the tyre pressures correct.
Philip

davew

Post by davew » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:59 am

CHINUP3107 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:31 pm
Had a puncture yesterday and it may be unrelated bit since that point I keep getting a warning beep if I turn sharply or say turn round in our cul de sac.

Have made sure tyre pressure calibration has been reset.

Anyone got any ideas before I have to reluctantly take it to the garage?

TIA :D
My understanding is that the pressure sensing is using the wheel ABS sensors - meaning that the wheel rotation speed is utilised .
According to the handbook :
" The system monitors the pressures in the four tyres, once the vehicle is moving.
It compares the information given by the four wheel speed sensors with reference values,
which must be reinitialised every time the tyre pressures are adjusted or a wheel
changed."

This text is for the pre-2018 models, but similar wording is also in the manual for the later model.

The text suggests that the system initialisation should be done after travelling a short distance to allow the wheel rotation speeds to be compared for error sensing , before the resetting is done.

CHINUP3107

Post by CHINUP3107 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Hi

I have checked tyre pressures and recalibrated. Noise seems to have gone so just going to monitor things.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:12 pm

Please note that this system will not warn you of a flat tyre if you come to the car after it has stood overnight, and the tyre has deflated due to a slow puncture. It will only activate after the car has been driven, and by then the tyre could easily be ruined.