Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Robi55

Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

Post by Robi55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:15 pm

I am the new owner of a brand new Cactus (1 week!) and really enjoying the car so far. Iknow they have a reputation of being a bit of a left-field choice but i was still quite surprised to be waved at by a lady onwer of another Cactus last weekend. Nice touch. In years past, Alfa owners used to do this too. So, to pick up the mantle, I then flashed my light and waved at another owner today only to be glared at in confusion as we passed......It;s a nice gesture but I wonder whether it can also lead to confusion, given the mis-use of headlights these days. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is there any etiquette I should be aware of? :lol:
2019 Cactus Flair 130 s/s, Pearl White with city pack.

Nactus

Re: Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

Post by Nactus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Many times I have tried to wave, never had it reciprocated. I see one or two on my daily commute and they still haven't got the picture! I guess some people just don't realise.

Jonovich

Post by Jonovich » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Was the wave from a hand displaying just one or two fingers by any chance?

Jono

ruairip

Post by ruairip » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Always waved at fellow Cactus drivers that I saw and had it reciprocated a couple of times but never acknowledged here.

Finding myself having to stop now as I do recognise the original model oncoming but am now driving the new so the oncoming original cactus driver would probably think I am very strange!

Problem with the new model is that so many Citroen models are similar you are not quite certain it is another Cactus until too late.
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am

I tried for a couple of years. Given up now, wonder if originally they were bought by people who "got" what they were about, now the original ones are being bought as "just" a reasonable second hand car so their status as a different car is lost
C4 Black Flair 110 s&s, C3 Aircross white Flair130 s&s.