Workshop Manual

The place to discuss everything else..
Markaren76

Workshop Manual

Post by Markaren76 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 pm

My Cactus is 3 yrs old. I've had no issues as such but will in future carry out maintenance myself. I do this with the 5 cars in the household. I have workshop manuals for all of the cars even one that is a 1939 model. I've been trying to find a manual for the Cactus, but to no avail. Every avenue seems to lead to a dead end. I cannot find one anywhere.

The manufacturers just advise to have all works done via their authorised garages.Basically washing their hands of the car's upkeep unless you pay through the nose. So... I've just set off an enquiry with the UK Motor Industry Regulator/Ombudsman to find out why a "Repair & Maintenance Workshop Manual" has never been produced for the Cactus.

I have included the information in EU directive (715/2007, Euro 5 Regulation) that requires all motor manufacturers to produce and make widely available "vehicle repair & maintenance information" . It is not clear if this is only to motor traders. However, it does say without prejudice. So who knows... ??

Questions for you...

1. Am I wasting my time?
2. Would there be support for a 'Repair & Maintenance Workshop Manual' if I can get it?
3. If so , would you be happy with an electronic format?

Let me know your thoughts

Mark

CactiBhoy

Re: Workshop Manual

Post by CactiBhoy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 am

You are correct, you think the cactus platform was for a space shuttle or something complicated. Fuc& knows how many bodies cover this floorpan and mechanicals. :idea:

I have one on a cd for my Fiat Stilo (Fiat workshop) and it explained most parts on a microfiche level and how to make tools to service it. :ugeek:

Dealers are no help ever. They even set my service indicator to start flashing at four thousand miles before I purchased it from them. But I reset it myself. :ugeek:

Even thought they emailed me, phoned me and sent me a txt message, saying `"your car will self destruct at 4001 miles" Unless we service it for you (change the oil and filter, then ragg it up and down the expressway) Told them to f**k off. As the oils not even dirty/changed colour yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm

You're right you will probably never find a workshop manual for the Cactus. What I have done, is to sign up to service.citroen.com. The site is what independent garages as well as main dealers use. When you sign up you have to pretend you are a garage but apart from that it is straightforward to do. Once you have signed in, put your car VIN in and it will tell you all about the original spec in "Characteristics". Using the site you can get part numbers for YOUR car. This is handy for example if you are not sure which size front disc you need for your model. When it comes to using the Repair Procedures tab, you'll be redirected to a subscription page. which is €7 per hour. All you do is download all the relevant pages you need in the hour for future use. Trust me it is so useful!

jacques38

Post by jacques38 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:00 am

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:25 am

That looks good Jacques

I cannot seem to find the manual in English. Is this available?

David
Thank you. I’ll look in to that one. When the EU ruling states “free to use” I don’t think it means to pay by the hour each time you want to do something.

Mark

jacques38

Post by jacques38 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:01 am

Hello. Tu achètes le format Numérique, c'est comme un livre une fois achète tu as tout. Pour la version en anglais je sais pas. ;)

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:18 am

C'est exactement ce dont nous avons besoin au Royaume-Uni. Malheureusement, Citroën ne l’a pas rendu disponible. De plus, je ne parle pas ou ne lis pas bien le français

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:21 am

Isn't Google Translate good!!
For the English readers the above messages read...

Jacques: Hello. You buy the Digital format, it's like a book once you buy everything. For the English version I do not know. ;)
ME: This is exactly what is needed in the UK. Sadly Citroen has not made it available. Also, I do not speak or read French well