New Owner - couple of questions

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
leevis

New Owner - couple of questions

Post by leevis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 am

Hi All
Just purchased a Cactus Flair BlueBHI in White, loving it.

Couple of questions though

1. Do i have ECO? How can i find this out, not noticed it yet
2. Do i have the Add Blue thing?

I am sure there will be more to follow

Thanks

Lee

routemaster1

Re: New Owner - couple of questions

Post by routemaster1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 am

We need a little more information. Whether yours is stop/start (assuming that's what you mean by eco) may depend on the age. It was is on some or all of both petrol and diesel cars. It cannot be permanently switched off, so if present you should see a green 'a' with a circle round it if you stop in neutral (manual) or just stop in an auto.. If it flashes it is there but the operating parameters may not have been met.

If a diesel, and quite new, it will have an Adblue system. I don't know if any diesel Cactuses were built before Adble became almost compulsory. Try looking in the boot under the floor and spare wheel. If there is a plug 2-3 inches in diameter, remove that and you should see the Adblue filler below.

leevis

Post by leevis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 am

OK thanks. This one is a 2016 Diesel so probably not the adblue, reason i ask is it is called Blue HDI. Will check the rear wheel later on.

Regarding the stop start, i can't see anything on the computer thing and cannot see a button, i also own a DS3 and that has an eco button under the steering wheel but this isn't present on the cactus so i guess i do not have it. I thought because my tax is £0 it may have it.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm

It depends on what you mean by eco. There is an eco setting on some PSA cars, usually, but possibly not exclusively on automatics. There is often confusion, as many newer cars have a stop/start system, which can be temporarily switched off by pressing a button on the screen menus which is marked 'Eco off'.

As your car is 2016, it is almost certainly fitted with an Adblue system. Our 2016 HDi C3 was!

leevis

Post by leevis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes, by eco i mean the start stop thing. I have it on my DS3 but cannot find it on any of the menus on the Cactus

oesterby

Post by oesterby » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Have you tried looking in the manual? It mostly pays off...

leevis

Post by leevis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:05 pm

LOL yes i do have the manual and yes i have referenced it. My query was more about how do i know if i have it, its in the manual but i don't think i have it on my vehicle.

One the screen where there is MPG/Distance etc on the right hand side i can see Reverse Sensors on/off, the manual says that there should be ECO on/off there but it is not so i guess i do not have this.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm

This is not ther stop/start system. That is only accessed via the screen menus.