Driver Foot Well Carpet

All C4 Cactus related discussions
SDCC

Driver Foot Well Carpet

Post by SDCC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 am

Morning all.

Straight to it - my right heel has worn through the matt in my 2016 Cactus (twice), and has now worn a hole in the actual carpet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what to do?

Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

Over 3 years in and only 25k on the clock. Going strong!

KAR

Re: Driver Foot Well Carpet

Post by KAR » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am

We fitted the following rubber heel mat with a decent double-sided carpet tape, to our new mats. They are quite thin, but haven't worn through yet, as we do less than 5,000 mpy. Easy enough to remove and replace with a new one, when worn. If you do this, I would advise to clean the rubber mat underside with a solvent, before applying the d/s tape, flush to all edges. Make sure the carpet is also clean, before positioning.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heel-mat-pro ... 2749.l2649
Cactus Flair 2019, PureTech 1.2 S&S 110 EAT6 auto. Pearl White with Black "Cross" Alloy Wheels.

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm

SDCC wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 am
Morning all.

Straight to it - my right heel has worn through the matt in my 2016 Cactus (twice), and has now worn a hole in the actual carpet.

I think the Cactus was the worse car Citroen ever manufactured.

Despite saying that, could it be the type of footwear you are wearing i.e heavy industrial type boots? All I can say is the wife is of a heavier nature and I am always having to re-organise the carpet on her side.

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 am

Rubik wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm
SDCC wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 am
Morning all.

I think the Cactus was the worse car Citroen ever manufactured.

Despite saying that, could it be the type of footwear you are wearing i.e heavy industrial type boots? All I can say is the wife is of a heavier nature and I am always having to re-organise the carpet on her side.
Trainers and boots. Nothing particularly heavy or odd. And I'm not the biggest guy (6ft 14.5 stone). Never had it in a car before.

It's the only Citroen I've owned, so no basis for comparison.
Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

Over 3 years in and only 25k on the clock. Going strong!