maps update no swl file

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Twampy

maps update no swl file

Post by Twampy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Capture.PNG

Hi all,
I'm sure you have heard this all before but here goes because I am stuck. I downloaded the updates avaialble for my car, the link says updates free untill 2022. unzipped anf put on a fat 32 formatted usb stick.
I cannot see the swl file and license key which is needed so I can't update anything. I have the activation key in the email but no joy when putting the stick into the car. I just get error messages saying can't copy file as it's protected.
2016 flair edition in purple with panaramic roof. Diesel automatic.

DavidP

Re: maps update no swl file

Post by DavidP » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:15 pm

I've checked my USB drive which contains pretty much what you have in your screen shot. I can't see a swl file on my drive. Looking at dates on your files, I would ask the question which version have you downloaded? If you go to the Citroen UK website they are posting 42050.ZIP. I've got version 42083.ZIP which is 2020.1 i.e the latest. Additionally the unlock code changes with each version which I guess you already know. I got my latest version via a Facebook forum. If you want I can send you a Java app which generates an unlock code if you want to try that. PM an email address that I can the app to.

CractusPotts

Post by CractusPotts » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:18 am

I can only seem to be able to download 42050, is this not related to the nav system installed in the car or is Citroen website conning me?
Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi Flair Hatchback 5dr Diesel EGT6 (s/s) (89 g/km, 99 bhp) Black over Silver

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:20 pm

No I don't think Citroen are conning anyone. They are just a bit slow in getting their updates posted. As I said the map update I've used is from a Facebook forum and I have a suspicion that it is probably a Peugeot issue.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:24 pm

I've found this is if you are interested https://www.peugeottalk.de/index.php?th ... 2-und-rt6/ Scroll down and you will get the download link. You will need to get an app to generate the Activation Code. I can supply this to anyone who provides their email address via PM